Thursday, September 12, 2013

Super Birthday

My son turned 5 on Saturday! He has started to like Superman a lot more, so I decided to make him a Superman doll for his birthday. I searched for a pattern but I wasn't happy with any of the ones I found. I made my own pattern instead. I made him pretty last minute, so I was really surprised that I got him finished in time with all the details I had to figure out. I think if I make another one, it won't be finished as quickly. In the end, I am so happy with how he turned out!

Superman!!

I had a hard time figuring out how to get his hair to look right, I'm not 100% happy with it, especially the back but it's not awful. It was a lot of work though. I'm really happy with the Superman logo, it's not perfect but I like it! I gave him a bit of a crooked smile, I think it's cute.

Untitled

For the cape, I used a new to me stitch called the waistcoat stitch. It looks like knitting, I love it!

looks a little like knitting

he likes his Superman  #happybirthday

The birthday boy loved his Superman! Eventually, I'll be making a Spiderman and a Batman too.